Current job opportunities for chaplains, priests, CPE residents, certified educators, directors of spiritual or pastoral care, managers, mission directors, and more.
Post an ad | Rates and information | Position Wanted ads (chaplains seeking employment)
PART TIME CATHOLIC PRIEST CHAPLAIN – Day Shift – Weekend Hours
Stony Brook, NY – Stony Brook University Hospital is looking for a Part Time Day Shift Chaplain to work Saturdays and Sundays. At Stony Brook Medicine, our Chaplains work in the Department of Spiritual Care to meet the spiritual and religious needs of patients, families and staff. Candidates must possess ecclesiastical endorsement from the official endorsing agency of the Chaplains faith or denomination at the time of appointment and maintain such endorsement for the duration of their employment, the ability to work with all faith traditions, and the ability to work collaboratively. Visit https://apptrkr.com/4518612 to learn more and apply!– Posted August 23, 2023
PRIEST CHAPLAIN IN RESIDENCE AT CATHOLIC NURSING HOME
Putnam, CT – Matulaitis Rehabilitation & Skilled Care is seeking a Roman Catholic priest to serve as chaplain and reside on site in a private apartment within the Home. The chaplain is responsible for celebrating daily Mass, other devotional services, and all aspects of the Liturgy. He will collaborate with the Director of Spiritual Care in supporting the spiritual needs of residents, their families, and staff, and promoting integration of the Mission and Values of Matulaitis Home. Position is part-time as well as on-call for Sacrament of the Sick. May be of retirement age.
For more about Matulaitis Rehabilitation & Skilled Care and our mission: Matulaitisnh.org
For further information, contact: Olivia Chalifoux, Director of Spiritual Care firstname.lastname@example.org 860-928-7976 x337– Posted August 23, 2023
ROMAN CATHOLIC PRIEST / CHAPLAIN
West Hartford, CT
Join Saint Mary Home as a Compassionate Chaplain – for New England!
Do you have a passion for providing spiritual care to those in need? Saint Mary Home, a Trinity Health Senior Community, located in West Hartford, Connecticut is seeking a dedicated Chaplain to address the spiritual needs of our patients, residents, families, and colleagues.
- We are a warm and welcoming community, committed to promoting healthy environments and providing top-notch spiritual care.
- You will be part of a collaborative, shared leadership environment that values honesty, integrity, and compassion.
- The story of Saint Mary Home is more about the legacy of the Sisters of Mercy than it is about the bricks and mortar of the building itself. The Sisters of Mercy, devoted to service and committed to the dignity of each person, have quietly and diligently served this community for more than 130 years.
- Oversee and administer Catholic Sacramental Care as an ordained Roman Catholic priest including daily mass, Anointing, Last Rites, Communion, funerals, and other faith related rituals.
- Offer spiritual care to patients, residents, and families, focusing on distress, grief support, crisis intervention, and life changes.
- Collaborate with other spiritual care team members and team of resident care providers, ensuring comprehensive support for the spiritual well-being of those served.
- Develop and participate in other programs to enrich spiritual well-being and foster sacred environments.
- Facilitate the involvement of community faith leaders from all faiths to provide additional spiritual care as desired by residents.
- Master’s degree in theology, Religion, Spiritual Care, or Spirituality (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
- Catholic Priest preferred
- One to three years of Spiritual Care experience, including CPE training.
- 4 Units of Certified Pastoral Care (CPE), Board Certified Chaplain (BCC) strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to present effectively before groups.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and other relevant software programs.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Must be adaptable and able to work on multiple tasks in a potentially stressful environment.
- Ability to travel within the New England region and across Trinity Health sites (10-20%) as needed.
If you possess a caring and inspiring presence and are dedicated to enriching the lives of others through spiritual care, we want to hear from you! Contact Alison Erickson at email@example.com, and apply online using this link: https://trinityhealth.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Jobs/job/TSLC—Saint-Mary-Home/Chaplain_00448150
Join us at Saint Mary Home and be a valued member of our compassionate team.
Note: This job description is not exhaustive, and other duties may be assigned as needed.– Posted August 10, 2023
CHAPLAIN/SPIRITUAL ADVISOR – Full-Time w/Benefits
Lake Orion, MI
Guest House, Inc.
1601 Joslyn Rd.
Lake Orion, MI 48360
Since its beginning in 1956, Guest House has helped thousands of clergy and religious to be released from the ordeal of alcoholism, drug dependency, process addictions and mental health disorders.
Our mission is to provide the information, education, treatment, and care needed to assure that Catholic clergy, men and women religious, and seminarians suffering from alcoholism, addictions, and other behavioral health conditions have the best opportunity for quality recovery and overall health and wellness.
Catholic Priest to provide sacramental ministry to staff and clients. Responsible for maintaining an atmosphere which contributes to the spiritual wellbeing of our clients, guests, leadership, and all members of the Guest House staff. Assist leadership and staff to appreciate that our service at Guest House is a continuation of the healing ministry of Jesus Christ.– Posted August 4, 2023
Springfield, MA/Stafford Springs, CT – Trinity Health Of New England – Mercy Medical Center/Springfield, MA and Johnson Memorial Hospital/Stafford Springs, CT are looking for a Chaplain to join our team of mission-driven healthcare innovators. Primary responsibilities are to develop, conduct and participate in programs of spiritual care to promote healthy communities, facilitating the inclusion of faith leaders from churches, synagogues, and mosques, etc. in the provision of Spiritual Care for their members, as appropriate. CPE or equivalent pastoral training/experience is required. Board Certified Chaplain (BCC) strongly preferred via one of the following licensing groups: APC, CASC, NACC, and NAJC. One (1) to three (3) years of Spiritual Care experience is required. Apply at: Pastoral Care & Mission Careers at Trinity Health (trinity-health.org).– Posted July 13, 2023