Current job opportunities for chaplains, priests, CPE residents, certified educators, directors of spiritual or pastoral care, managers, mission directors, and more
Waterloo, Iowa – We are seeking candidates for a wonderful opportunity to fulfill the role of Chaplain at Covenant Medical Center. We are interested in a candidate who brings flexibility integral to a chaplain’s role when staffing the department.
In conjunction with our team of health care professionals, the Chaplain facilitates the spiritual well-being of our patients, families, staff and the wider community by providing visitation; spiritual assessment, guidance and direction; advocacy for patient well-being; prayer and worship services; sacramental needs, facilitating support groups and family meetings/care conferences; serving as a liaison to community clergy and resources; and actively participating as an integral member of the clinical care team.
Candidates must have a Master’s degree in Theology, pastoral studies or related field; CPE (clinical pastoral education), minimum of 1-year pastoral care experience in health care, and must be certified as a Chaplain from NACC, APC or NAJC. CPE, 4 units or enrollment in program with completion date of 4 units no later than one year from hire.
For more information or to apply online, visit us at:www.WheatonIowa.org/employment
EOE / Drug Screen Required– Posted April 16, 2018
Geisinger Holy Spirit Hospital, Camp Hill, Pennsylvania, has an opening for a Staff Chaplain to offer spiritual services to patients’ families.
Limited to day time ON CALL.
Minimum educational requirements include a Bachelor’s Degree In Theology or Religious Studies and 4 Units of CPE Training.
Preferred: Certified NACC Chaplain or Master of Arts Degree in Theology or Religious Studies, and 4 Units of CPE Training.
Applications at the Geisinger Holy Spirit Hospital website at https://www.geisinger.org/about-geisinger/careers/search-jobs– Posted April 5, 2018
SPIRITUAL CARE MINISTER – 40hrs/wk – Days
HSHS Sacred Heart, Eau Claire, WI is seeking a highly motivated staff chaplain to join our dynamic and dedicated spiritual care team. This chaplain will provide spiritual and religious care within the hospital assisting the patient and her/his family in coping with the psychological, social, emotional and spiritual needs in time of illness and/or stress. Provides an atmosphere of concern and recognition of the dignity of the human person in the light of the gospel of Christ. Gives the patient an opportunity to verbalize feelings regarding his/her illness, assesses needs and documents interventions. Promotes a team approach with other disciplines.
For more information and to apply visit our website, www.hshscareers.com and search for Spiritual Care Minister in Eau Claire, WI or Job Posting # 18001330– Posted March 29, 2018
PM CHAPLAIN POSITION
Gundersen Health System, La Crosse, WI, is seeking a highly motivated staff chaplain to join our dynamic, diverse and dedicated spiritual care team. This chaplain will provide spiritual and religious care within the hospital during the late afternoon and evening hours primarily in Medical Oncology, Emergency Services and Critical Care. Additional responsibilities include: mentoring CPE students; providing orientation to overnight on-call duties; providing guidance and oversight for our affiliate on-call chaplains; providing advanced care planning facilitated conversations; and offering follow up bereavement care to families of deceased patients.
The Spiritual Care staff are highly valued as an integral part of the interdisciplinary team approach at Gundersen as a means of enriching every life we serve–our patients, families, staff and community. The department consists of four staff chaplains, two office assistants, one ACPE Certified Educator, two Certified Educator Candidates, seven Affiliate Chaplains, five-six Full-Time CPE Residents, six CPE Summer Interns, and six to seven CPE Extended Unit students.
Position Requirements: APC, NACC or NAJC certified or certification eligible within two years. Must also demonstrate a solid commitment to research based professional chaplaincy as well as value Clinical Pastoral Education and mentoring students.
About Gundersen Health System…
We serve residents of western Wisconsin, southeastern Minnesota and northeastern Iowa. Our healthcare system is anchored by one of the largest multi-specialty group practices and a teaching hospital with Level II Trauma Center.
La Crosse is a historic, vibrant city nestled between bluffs and the legendary Mississippi River. La Crosse boasts some of the best outdoor recreation, excellent schools including three universities, affordable housing in safe neighborhoods, an endless variety of live entertainment and breathtaking beauty, making this a great place to call home.
For more information or to apply visit our website, www.gundersenhealth.org/careers– Posted March 22, 2018
Mercy Medical Center, Baltimore, Maryland – The Chaplain provides spiritual and emotional support to patients, their families/loved ones and staff in all areas of Mercy Medical Center and to other designated areas of Mercy Health Services. Provides group prayer opportunities and represents Pastoral Care in institutional initiatives.
– Posted March 1, 2018
- Must possess Master’s degree in theology, divinity, religious studies, pastoral ministry, or spirituality is required. Four units of Clinical Pastoral Education are required. Fluency in Spanish preferred
- Must possess 1 year of healthcare ministry
- Ability to function as an integral member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Certification Requirements: Certification required as recognized by the Spiritual Care Collaborative of APC, NACC, CAPPE/ACPEP and NAJC.
- Must be familiar with & able to facilitate Medical/ethical issues within the guidelines of the Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Healthcare Services: perform spiritual assessment and appropriate referrals, consults, leadership of religious/prayer services and rituals. Timely Documentation
- Also be familiar with current theology, ecclesiology, spiritual and sacramental practices within the Roman Catholic tradition as well as other traditions.
- Ability to function effectively under stress to cope with crisis situations and to respond creatively to a multiplicity of challenges, and to use spiritual assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation in the clinical setting.
- Have skills in utilizing pastoral perspective and competence in a variety of functions, such as worship, teaching, administration, and team building. Also in facilitating decision-making based on an understanding of religious heritage, theological values, behavioral sciences, networking, system thinking, ethical principles, and the individual’s own values.
- Have evidence of understanding the operational systems in the clinical setting.
- Communicate with other disciplines through use of referral systems, chart entries, and other mechanisms in the clinical setting.
SUPERVISOR SPIRITUAL CARE
Mercy Medical Center, Springfield, MA – Mercy Medical Center, a member of Trinity Health-New England, is seeking a Supervisor Spiritual Care. This position plans, develops, organizes and manages the operations of the Spiritual Care Department consistent with the Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services (ERDs) in order to meet the spiritual care needs at Mercy Medical Center. Trinity Health Standards for Spiritual Care should be met, as well as the requirements of the Joint Commission and other applicable federal, state, and local regulatory and/or accrediting agencies.
- Work requires the knowledge of theories, principles, and concepts normally acquired through completion of a Master’s degree in Theology or related field and three (3) to five (5) years of previous and progressively more responsible work-related experience plus three (3) to six (6) months of on-the-job training and orientation.
- NACC Certification or APC Board Certified Chaplain required.
- Work requires the analytical ability necessary to resolve problems requiring a professional level of knowledge in a specific discipline/field and/or design complex clinical, data processing, or human resources systems and programs.
- The ability to collaborate and work closely with community clergy.
- Work requires the ability to hear and communicate effectively both orally and in writing which includes assigning and distributing work, conducting performance reviews, enforcing policies and counseling employees with performance and/or disciplinary problems, and writing detailed reports and proposals for review by management.
- Ability to handle high stress situations.
- Able to walk long distances and to be on feet for periods at a time.
For more information and to apply, please click here.Diversity is important! An equal opportunity employer.
A member of Trinity Health-New England. A legacy of the Sisters of Providence– Posted March 1, 2018
LIFE CARE CHAPLAIN
Careers that reflect your passion. Your future’s calling.
Holy Redeemer Health System’s holistic approach to healing is unique among healthcare providers. Caring for the total person goes beyond the act of delivering excellent medical care. It involves meeting the emotional, spiritual and social services needs of those we serve. If you are looking for a job that connects your talents with your passions, apply now! Find out for yourself how Holy Redeemer creates experiences that are unique, personalized and truly memorable by adding your own chapter to our story.
We are currently seeking a Life Care Chaplain in our suburban Philadelphia health system to work with the Pastoral Care staff in providing for spiritual and emotional needs of residents, patients, staff, loved ones, and families.
Requires Bachelor’s degree, four units (1600 clinical hours) Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE), and one year or more of Chaplaincy or Pastoral Care experience preferably in a healthcare, homecare, or residential setting. Board Certification (i.e.: Association of Professional Chaplains [APC], National Association of Catholic Chaplains [NACC], or National Association of Jewish Chaplains [NAJC]) and Master’s Degree from an accredited institution in Theology, Pastoral Care, Spirituality, Counseling, or similar discipline preferred. You must have the ability to provide nondenominational spiritual care to residents, patients, staff, loved ones and families from varied religious backgrounds along with the compassion, flexibility, and ability to deal with crises. Valid and current driver’s license necessary.
To learn more about our caring community, our careers, and to apply, visit www.holyredeemer.com/careers
Holy Redeemer Health System with an acute care hospital, home health and hospice services, skilled nursing facilities, personal care, a retirement community, low-income housing, an active living community, and a transitional housing program for homeless women and children, is one of the Philadelphia area’s leading health care organizations. Holy Redeemer is an Equal Opportunity Employer.– Posted February 26, 2018
CPE HOSPICE RESIDENT
Gundersen Health System, La Crosse, WI
Residency position available. This is an opportunity to engage CPE in our home hospice setting as well as providing Spiritual Care in our Level II trauma hospital. Gundersen is nationally recognized for advance care planning and end of life care. We are currently accepting applications for one year-long Residency in Hospice beginning at the end of August, 2018. Resident stipend is $37,500 in addition to health insurance and other benefits. Thanks to generous support from the Gundersen Medical Foundation, your tuition cost is only $200.00 per unit with the Third Unit tuition waived.
GHS is 325-bed comprehensive hospital and clinic nestled in the scenic bluffs along the Mississippi River Valley with a reasonable cost of living. A minimum of one CPE unit is required for residency, with a preference for a second year resident. Visit our Web page www.gundersenhealth.org/spiritual-care for additional information on all programs and to apply. No application fee is required.
Gundersen Health System
1900 South Avenue – Mail Stop H01-022
La Crosse, WI 54601-9980
608-775-3620, 1-608-782-7300, ext. 53620
FAX 608-775-3557– Posted February 22, 2018
We are seeking a Chaplain to:
- Offer spiritual care services to patients and families, using his/her theological and clinical training to help patients and families cope more effectively.
- Assess the patient’s spiritual practices/values and assist in accommodating and integrating these values into the patient’s medical plan of care.
Minimum – Bachelor’s degree in Theology, Divinity, Spirituality, Religious Studies, Pastoral Counseling or a related field of ministry with one unit of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE).
Preferred – Master of Divinity degree or master’s-level theological degree, provided that it is from a school accredited by a member of the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) and meets the 72 graduate semester hour credit requirement. Four units of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE).
Minimum – One (1) year hospital work experience post four units of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) or three (3) years of other relevant experience.
Preferred – Two (2) years of work experience post CPE certification in a Level One Trauma Center and/or children’s hospital, and palliative care experience.
Preferred – Board certified chaplain by NACC or APC or NAJC
Schedule: 40 hours per week, 1:00pm – 9:30pm, Monday through Friday and one weekend per month.
Apply: uwhealth.org/careers– Posted February 22, 2018
DIRECTOR OF PASTORAL CARE
Lauderdale Lakes, FL – Catholic Health Services in south Florida is seeking an ordained Catholic Priest as a Director of Pastoral Care at the North Campus. The CHS North Campus offers skilled and long term care, a rehabilitation hospital, and an assisted living facility. Ordination as a Catholic priest and in good standing with the Roman Catholic Church. Master of Divinity in Theology, completion of 4 units of CPE, as well as Board Certification by the National Association of Catholic Chaplains or the Association of Professional Chaplains is required.
The Director of Pastoral care
- partners with the Vice President of Mission to provide leadership and direction to ensure the integration and continuation of the Mission and Values of Catholic Health Services
- assists in coordinating efforts (including, but not limited to participation in mission and ethics) and uphold the principals and traditions of the Catholic Health ministry
- is responsible to develop, organize, participate and manage department activities pertaining to the provision of pastoral and spiritual care
- Knowledge and support of the Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic health Care Services (5th ed. USCCB)
- Knowledge of Catholic Social Teaching. Familiarity with varying faith traditions and cooperative relationships with person or religious/spiritual organizations of other traditions or of no tradition.
Preferred candidate will have significant experience as a floor chaplain and one or more years of management experience with a proven track record of innovation, creativity, and transparency.
Offering a competitive compensation and excellent benefit package including a variety of health, dental and vision plans and retirement plans.
Please send resume by mail or e-mail to:
VP Mission Advancement
Catholic Health Services
4790 N State Rd. 7
Lauderdale Lakes, FL 33319 or e-mail: email@example.com– Posted February 22, 2018
The NACC does not offer job placement services.
Please contact employers directly—do not send resumes to the NACC