Current job opportunities for chaplains, priests, CPE residents, certified educators, directors of spiritual or pastoral care, managers, mission directors, and more
VICE PRESIDENT, CHIEF MISSION OFFICER
CHI St. Vincent Health System, Little Rock, Arkansas – Headquartered in Little Rock, Arkansas CHI St.Vincent Health System includes primary care, specialty clinics, urgent care, four hospitals, home health, rehabilitation and surgery centers. The Health System is one of the largest healthcare providers in the State of Arkansas.
The Vice President, Chief Mission Officer will be primarily responsible for the St. Vincent mission, vision, and values and assuring they are evident in the strategic planning, management, operations, and organizational culture of the System. This role encompasses mission project coordination, pastoral care coordination, spiritual formation and values integration.
This is an opportunity to become a key contributor and leader in a well-respected faith-inspired health system. The Vice President, will assume responsibilities beyond what is usually assigned to the Chief Mission Officer. There will be multiple opportunities to help grow and develop CHI St. Vincent Health to better serve the health needs of its community and carry on a long tradition of delivering faith-inspired healthcare to the region. With CHI, there is much opportunity for both professional and personal growth.
Requires a Masters’ degree. Certification by the College of Chaplains or equivalent professional certification is desired.
Barry R. Cesafsky
CES Partners LTD
312.645-6501 (office direct)
firstname.lastname@example.org (e-mail)– Posted February 15, 2018
MANAGER of SPIRITUAL CARE
Mercy Philadelphia Hospital, Philadelphia, PA and Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital, Darby, PA – Mercy Philadelphia Hospital and Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital are currently seeking a Manager of Spiritual Care to uphold and promote the operational philosophy, mission and values of Mercy Health System, Mercy Catholic Medical Center, and Trinity Health. This role promotes the delivery of consistent spiritual care within the ministry and develops a regular presence at both hospitals. Additionally, the position implements programs and initiatives to meet the Spiritual Care standards established by Trinity Health. It also develops a local plan of service based on the religious beliefs of the patient population and ensures that certified chaplains, patient visitors and volunteers are available and allocated appropriately to support spiritual care services. It also participates in a variety of leadership roles within the ministry, including performance excellence, ministry formation, leadership of prayer and reflection, and inter-disciplinary rounding. This position requires Master’s Degree in Education, Theology, Ministry, Spirituality, or a related field. It also requires ACPE and/or NCCC certification.
Mercy Philadelphia Hospital, part of Mercy Health System, is community healthcare in action. For nearly 100 years, our neighbors in West and Southwest Philadelphia have trusted us to deliver the high-quality and compassionate care they expect and deserve. Mercy Philadelphia Hospital is a 157-bed community teaching hospital serving the communities of West Philadelphia. Since 1918, Mercy Philadelphia has provided high-quality, compassionate healthcare services, education and outreach.
Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital, part of Mercy Health System, is a 204-bed teaching hospital located in Darby, Pa., which offers advanced acute care services in Delaware County and Southwest Philadelphia. Since 1933, our mission has been to help and heal patients through accessible, compassionate healthcare that is tailored to their needs.
Please visit our website at www.mercyhealth.org to apply.– Posted February 15, 2018
Camp Hill, PA – Chaplain Position Opening at Geisinger Holy Spirit Hospital, Camp Hill, PA.
Call 717-972-4255– Posted February 8, 2018
Hinsdale, ILCareers that make a Critical Impact.
With locations in Hinsdale and Chicago, RML Specialty Hospital specializes in
ventilator weaning, wound management and medically complex patient programs
that lead the way in respiratory research, advanced treatment and technology. With our expansion to better serve our patients and our employees, we’re seeking:Chaplain
Hinsdale, IL – Part -Time, Days
Chaplains are responsible for providing age and developmentally appropriate spiritual care to hospital patients. Regardless of personal religious affiliation, the chaplain provides a non-denominational approach in assessing and providing patient and family spiritual needs. The Chaplain conducts informal and formal spiritual services to provide support to patients, families and staff in response to identified needs or internal or external events.
Chaplains are part of the Patient/Family Relations Department and work collaboratively with the Patient Ambassador and the Psychologists to mitigate patient and family anxiety related to their illness or progression to the next level of care.
Candidates we seek will have four years Clinical Pastoral care experience in a hospital setting. Experience of counseling patients and family in palliative care, end of life issues and medical ethics. Bachelor of Divinity degree and Certification by a National Pastoral Care Association (NACC/APC). We would prefer candidates Masters in Pastoral Counseling or related field from an accredited institution.There are many reasons why working with RML Specialty Hospital is a great choice for your career. Employees can choose from a large selection of benefits that help protect their health, wealth and well-being, as well as take advantage of our strong connections and comprehensive resources that promote enriching career experiences. Visit our website to find further details and apply online for immediate consideration.
EOE– Posted February 8, 2018
Fresno, CA – Saint Agnes Medical Center in Fresno, California has an opportunity for a full-time Ordained Catholic Priest. Saint Agnes Medical Center is a 436-bed acute care hospital featuring cardiovascular, orthopedics, surgery, medical/oncology and women and infants services. We are a member of Trinity Health, the nation’s second largest Catholic health system. Fresno is located in the Central Valley of California, with convenient access to San Francisco, Los Angeles, 2 National Parks, the coast and the mountains. Ordination as a Catholic priest in good standing with the Roman Catholic Church, completion of 4 CEP Units, Master of Divinity in Theology, as well as certification by the National Association of Catholic Chaplains or the Association of Professional Chaplain is required. The Center for Spiritual Care includes a team of 5 Chaplains, 3 Spiritual Care Associates, Clinical Pastoral Education students and seventy Spiritual Care Volunteers who make up an ecumenical, interfaith spiritual care team. Interested candidates may send resumes to Lisa Braun at email@example.com or visit www.samc.com/careers– Posted February 8, 2018
DIRECTOR of SPIRITUAL CARE
Mercy Health – St. Vincent Medical Center in Toledo, Ohio is currently seeking a Director of Spiritual Care to join our leadership team.
The Director of Spiritual Care
- partners with the Vice President of Mission to provide leadership and direction to ensure the integration and continuation of the Mission and Values of Mercy Health – Toledo.
- assists in coordinating efforts (including, but not limited to participation on the mission and ethics committees) to uphold the principles and traditions of the Catholic health ministry, the legacy of the founding sponsors, and a commitment to body, mind, and spirit health.
- is responsible to develop, organize, and manage department activities pertaining to the provision of Spiritual Care.
- in conjunction with the CPE Certified Educator, provides oversight of the accredited CPE program.
- may provide a unit or partial unit of CPE if ACPE credentialed.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- The Director should be a Catholic with a master’s degree in Theology, Divinity, Spirituality, Pastoral Ministry or the equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Certified through the Association of Professional Chaplains (APC) or the National Association of Catholic Chaplains (NACC).
- Knowledge of, and support for, the Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services (5th ed, USCCB).
Preferred Position Qualifications:
– Posted February 1, 2018
- Credentialed as a CPE Certified Educator in the Association for Clinical Pastoral Education through the Association for Clinical Pastoral Education (ACPE).
CHAPLAIN/ROMAN CATHOLIC PRIEST
Providence is calling a Chaplain/Roman Catholic Priest to Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, Alaska.
In this position you will:
- Minister to the emotional and spiritual needs of patients, families, and staff associated with the mission and work of Providence Health System in Alaska.
- Have professional, inter-personal contact with patients and their families.
- Assess and address emotional, spiritual, social and psychological needs of patients as part of the multidisciplinary care team.
- Offer and facilitate appropriate spiritual care and sacramental ministry respectful of patients’ spirituality and faith tradition.
- Provide special attention and supportive care to the terminal and dying patients and their families.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Masters degree (M.Div. and/or M.A.) from an accredited college, seminary, university or theological institute in theology, spirituality, ministry, or closely related field.
- Board Certified or Certifiable within two (2) years by one of these Pastoral Care organizations: APC, NACC, NAJC, ACPE.
- Ordained and endorsed by established ecclesiastical or church authorities and/or religious superiors.
- A letter from the applicants’ religious authority indicating good standing with his/her faith tradition or denomination
Answer the call. Providenceiscalling.jobs
When applying online, please reference job number 170616.
http://22.214.171.124/counter.php?id=120270– Posted February 1, 2018
CHRISTUS St. Elizabeth Hospital, Beaumont, Texas
Provides spiritual and emotional support for patients, their families and staff. Works closely with interdisciplinary team to meet holistic needs of patient-family care, including religious rites and services as appropriate. Accredited and in good standing by appropriate faith group.
- Master’s Degree in Theology or Divinity
- Minimum of two years of experience in pastoral ministry
- Board certified or board certifiable
- If Board certified, certification must be from the National Associate of Catholic Chaplains (NACC) or the Association of Professional Chaplains (APC)
- Endorsement by denomination for faith group
Contact careers.christushealth.org– Posted February 1, 2018
DIRECTOR of PASTORAL / SPIRITUAL CARE
Notre Dame, IN – The Sisters of the Holy Cross, Inc. a Roman Catholic congregation of women religious is seeking to fill a full – time Director of Pastoral / Spiritual Care position for the congregation located in Notre Dame, Indiana.
This position will ensure that pastoral / spiritual care is available for each sister. Responsibilities will include responding to requests for spiritual care; planning and implementation of reflections related to liturgical seasons and an annual retreat for sisters and associates; establishing relationships with nursing personnel to promote person-centered living for residents; oversee committees to promote and evaluate all pastoral / spiritual care programs. This position will have budget oversight responsibility for the Pastoral Care Department.
This position requires a woman of deep faith with an understanding of Catholicism and knowledge of religious life. Three or more years of pastoral care experience and chaplain certification are required. Master’s degree in a related field is preferred.
For immediate consideration send resume to:
Sisters of the Holy Cross, Inc.,
100 Lourdes Hall-Saint Mary’s
Notre Dame, Indiana 46556
Attn: Human Resources Director
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org– Posted January 29, 2018
CHAPLAIN – SPIRITUAL CARE SERVICES (JOB ID: 9178)
Reading, PA – St. Joseph Medical Center, part of the Penn State Health system, seeks a part time (20 hours per week) staff chaplain. The chaplain ministers to the spiritual, psychological, and emotional needs of patients, their families and hospital staff. As members of the multidisciplinary team they participate in the healing process of the whole person. Candidates must possess a Master’s degree in theology, divinity, or spirituality. Certification by NACC or APC, or certification eligibility, is necessary. One year of chaplaincy experience in a hospital is preferred. Spanish language proficiency is desirable.
Apply at www.thefutureofhealthcare.org or call Erin McCaw at (610)378-2310.– Posted January 29, 2018
VICE PRESIDENT of MISSION
Recruiter: Stephanie Parten
Company: B.E. Smith
Apply online: https://www.besmith.com/candidates/search-listings/job-details/?jId=927634
Or send resume to: email@example.com
Job Post: Vice President of Mission, Avera Marshall Regional Medical Center. #11571
Bridge the gap between religious knowledge and strategic business initiatives as the Vice President of Mission for Avera Marshall Regional Medical Center in Marshall, Minnesota
- The Vice President of Mission will act as an operational guide for strategic affairs and activities within the 25-bed Marshall medical center, the nearby Tyler hospital and additional facilities in the Marshall/Tyler area
- Formulate a strategic plan that connects business goals to the Catholic religion with respect to compassion, community and care
- Conduct a community health needs assessment and identify opportunities for improvement such as new programs and community outreach
- Engage staff, create stability and coordinate trends in healthcare with forward-thinking efforts
- Due to the religious nature of the role, the Vice President should be a practicing Catholic with an educational background in theology, religion, divinity, ethics or related studies
- Bachelor required, Master’s preferred; 3+ years’ experience in the field is necessary
- Avera Marshall Regional Medical Center is a 25-bed critical access hospital featuring a Level III Trauma Center, the advanced Avera Cancer Institute, a physician’s clinic, a long-term care hospital and a comprehensive behavioral health unit
- Avera Marshall also has a 76-bed skilled nursing long term care facility, specialty physician clinics and outpatient services center
- The Avera Health System encompasses 300 locations throughout Minnesota, South Dakota, North Dakota, Iowa and Nebraskav
- Avera Health System received the HealthCare’s Most Wired award for 2015
– Posted January 11, 2018
- Marshall is located in the southwest part of Minnesota and is an outdoor lover’s dream! With over 165 miles of snowmobile trails and 100s of lakes for ice skating and fishing, residents are truly in a winter wonderland
- An extremely low cost of living, several educational institutions and very low crime rate makes Marshall the perfect place for families
- Downtown Marshall has quaint restaurants, unique boutiques and town events to entertain the masses
- Marshall is less than three hours from Minneapolis and less than two hours from Sioux Falls, South Dakota
DIRECTOR of PASTORAL CARE
Columbia, SC – Providence Health, a Catholic faith based system, located in warm, sunny Columbia, South Carolina is seeking a seasoned Director of Pastoral Care. Ideal candidate will be: Roman Catholic, with an appropriate Master’s degree, completed 4 units of CPE accredited by NACC or ACPE and Board Certified chaplain with NACC or other Cognate Group professional associations. Preferred candidate will have significant experience as a floor chaplain and have 5 or more years of management experience leading a team of chaplains, with a proven track record of innovation, creativity, flexibility, transparency, and more.
Please send resume by mail, email or fax to:
Joan Bumpus BCC, MS
VP Mission and Ministry
2435 Forest Drive • Columbia, SC 29204
P 803-256-5397 C 803-206-8444 F 803-256-5935
Joan.firstname.lastname@example.org– Posted January 11, 2018
Santa Monica, Burbank, & Tarzana California – Providence Health & Services California Center for CPE is offering one year (Sept 2018 – Aug 2019) and six month (March 2018 – Aug 2018) stipended CPE Residencies. Specialties included Trauma Care, Pediatrics, Palliative Care, and Community Care. Please Contact: Bryan Ferry 818-847-3353, email@example.com– Posted January 11, 2018
SPIRITUAL CARE MINISTERS
Green Bay, WISt. Vincent Hospital in Green Bay, Wisconsin is looking for Spiritual Care Ministers.
Currently open one 40 hour a week and one 38 hour a week position.
Assists the patient and her/his family in coping with the psychological, social, emotional and spiritual needs in time of illness and/or stress. Provides an atmosphere of concern and recognition of the dignity of the human person in the light of the gospel of Christ. Helps preserve a patient-centered attitude of care. Gives the patient an opportunity to verbalize feelings regarding his/her illness, assesses needs and documents interventions. Promotes a team approach with other disciplines.
May be a member of a religious order or a lay person with education in the care of the sick and dying. Other health related experience is acceptable. Must have a friendly, empathetic personality with some experience in theology and pastoral ministry.
Two units of Clinical Pastoral Education are required within two years of hire.
Certifications, Licenses and Registrations:
Board Certification by the NACC (National Association of Catholic Chaplains), APC, or NAJC) required or working toward certification.
To apply for these positions visit www.hshscareers.jobs
HSHS and affiliates is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).– Posted January 5, 2018
SPIRITUAL CARE MANAGER
Vancouver, WA and Longview, WA – PeaceHealth seeks a professionally certified Spiritual Care Manager in a full-time position supporting the communities of Vancouver and Longview, Washington.
Vancouver and Longview, Washington include the best of both worlds – being close to both natural surroundings and two major cities – Portland, Oregon and Seattle, Washington. We enjoy a mild climate and just to the North and East, beautiful scenic views and countless outdoor recreational opportunities. It truly is a place to experience and love!
Our ideal candidate is board certified / eligible by the National Association of Catholic Chaplains or by an organization that follows The Common Standards of Professional Chaplaincy. In addition, you will have a Master’s in Divinity or Theology (or related field), have five years of chaplaincy experience, and have at least two years of supervisory experience.
The successful candidate will be leading a team of chaplains who provide spiritual support for the patients and their families, our caregivers. This person will collaborate with local leadership as well as being a part of the, Mission Services Team. Join us as we carry on our Mission of providing “safe, compassionate care – every time, every touch.”
PeaceHealth is an EEO Affirmative Action Race/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Veteran/Disability Employer.– Posted January 4, 2018
CPE OPPORTUNITIES for GROWTH and LEARNING
Gundersen Health System, La Crosse, WI – Join our dynamic CPE program nestled in the majestic bluffs along the Mississippi River in La Crosse at Gundersen Health System, where nationally recognized quality meets dedicated, compassionate professionals, caring for patients in all stages of life.
CPE Residency Program
Aug. 20, 2018-Aug. 23, 2019
- Stipend $36,750
- Third Unit tuition waived
- Health and dental insurance available
- Vacation and sick days
- Tax-exempt housing allowance (for
qualified applicants) and more
Extended CPE Program
Oct. 4, 2018-March 8, 2019
- $500 stipend (subject to approval)
Summer Intensive CPE Program
May 29-August 10, 2018
- $500 stipend (subject to approval)
Engage with … a diverse resource group composed of board certified chaplains, interdisciplinary staff and peer group
Participate … in interdisciplinary care of patients and provide quality, evidence-based spiritual care
Be trained … in our internationally recognized advance care planning
Take part … in clinical placements in our new Level II trauma center, hospice program and out-patient care with oncology and palliative care
How to apply: Find your application by visiting gundersenhealth.org/spiritual-care and selecting clinical pastoral education on the left side of your screen. Follow the instructions from there.
No application fee.– Posted January 4, 2018
West Covina, CA – Founded in 1962 by the Immaculate Heart Community, Queen of the Valley Hospital in West Covina is a fully accredited nonprofit, Catholic health care facility.
Summary: The Priest primarily provides sacramental ministries of the Roman Catholic Church to Catholic patients, visitors, and staff as a member of the Spiritual Care Department.
Minimum Requirements: Must be an ordained Catholic priest with faculties by the Bishop of the Diocese of Los Angeles for sacramental, pastoral ministry, which is presumed to include at least a Master of Divinity or equivalent degree. Must receive orientation and ongoing training sufficient to acquire and maintain familiarity with hospital and department policies and procedures. Must possess acceptable interpersonal skills in order to interact effectively in the ministry. Must have the ability to provide ministry in the context of an ecumenical team ministry and maintain a flexible work schedule.
To apply please email your resume to Gladys Harvey at firstname.lastname@example.org– Posted December 21, 2017
DIRECTOR of PASTORAL SERVICES
Jackson, MS – Responsible for the development and implementation of a continuum of pastoral services to help fulfill St. Dominic’s mission of providing compassionate care and hope as a healing ministry of the Catholic Church. The director is responsible for the economic and human resources of the department. A bachelor’s degree is required. Graduate-level theological degree in theology, divinity, religious studies, pastoral ministry, pastoral studies, or spiritually from an accredited academic institution or equivalent pastoral experience. Formal training within a management or curriculum setting or comparable experience. At least two years of clinical experience in a health care setting, preferably in clinical pastoral care. Sufficient previous experience with supervisory/management responsibilities. Board Certification by the National Association of Catholic Chaplains or Board Certification eligible. Knowledge of and support for the Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services (5th ed, USCCB). Solid standing within her/his parish, as evidenced by ecclesiastical endorsement. Good socialization skills. Demonstrable value placed on the importance of working as a team both within and outside the department. Demonstrates a high degree of sensitivity to issues and persons, with a holistic approach to life and health care ministry. Knowledge of Catholic Social Teaching. Familiarity with varying faith traditions and cooperative relationships with persons or religious/spiritual organizations of other traditions or of no tradition. Ability to be both assertive yet flexible. Ability to exercise the authority of the position while knowing how to delegate. Ability to communicate effectively, utilizing both oral and written skills.
Interested applicants: apply online at stdom.com– Posted December 21, 2017
SPIRITUAL CARE COORDINATOR
Holyoke, MA – Mount Saint Vincent Care Center is looking for an energetic full time Spiritual Care Coordinator. The facility is located atop the Ingleside section of Holyoke, overlooking the Connecticut River and offers rehabilitation and long term care. Our residents enjoy a spacious dining room, and a peaceful chapel that offers opportunities for socialization and reflections. The candidate must have a College degree, and four Units of clinical pastoral education. Please apply job #00041477 @mercycares.com– Posted December 21, 2017
The NACC does not offer job placement services.
Please contact employers directly—do not send resumes to the NACC