Certification Renewal is required every five years for Associate Chaplains.
Completed Renewal of Certification applications must be sent to the National Office and may be submitted any time during the required renewal year. The final deadline for Renewal of Certification materials is December 31 of each year.
Following are the requirements for maintaining certification as a Certified Associate Chaplain:
- Maintain Full or Retired membership in the NACC.
- Completion of thirty (30) hours of educational activities per year for the five year renewal period.
- If a lay person, request a current letter of recommendation from his/her pastor or a priest in active ministry (within the Applicant’s Diocese of Ministry).
- A letter of ecclesiastical endorsement.
- Completion of a peer review process.
- Adherence to the Code of Ethics for Spiritual Care Professionals and completion of the NACC Ethics Accountability Statement (Code of Ethics).
Please reference the NACC Cert Procedures Manual – Part Six, Associate Chaplain Renewal for specific details related to each requirement noted above.
Frequently-asked questions about Associate Chaplain Renewal of Certification
For Certified Associate Chaplains
Renewal of Certification fees and deadlines
Click here for more information.
Renewal of Certification materials
Click here for Renewal of Certification materials for Associate Chaplains
Verifying Certification (Information for Employers, Organizations, and Certified Chaplains)
More information here