- This event has passed.
Chaplaincy and Spiritual Care Trends, Critical Success Factors, and Collaborative Initiatives
July 25, 2018 @ 12:30 pm - 4:00 pm$15 – $20
You are invited to
A Day for Professional and Spiritual Enrichment!
Facilitator and Presenter:
David A. Lichter, DMin
Executive Director, NACC
Sponsored by the National Association of Catholic Chaplains
Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center
A Warm Welcome to All Serving in Spiritual Care Ministries!
Wednesday, July 25, 2018
12:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Ignatius Chapel at Loyola University New Orleans
6363 St. Charles Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70118
So much is happening with the spiritual care and chaplaincy profession. The recent May-June 2018 issue of Catholic Health Association’s Health Progress (https://www.chausa.org/publications/health-progress/current-issue) was dedicated to the profession of spiritual/pastoral care. The articles represent many important topics in the field intended to provide health care executives with insights into the field. Our afternoon together will be based on the topics covered in this issue. Please plan on reading the articles ahead of time, so that we can engage together in a fruitful and insightful exchange about the vital issues and opportunities within our profession.
David Lichter will open the afternoon with a presentation on the field of spiritual care, then facilitate the afternoon exchange about the following areas based on our reading of the articles and own experience:
- The critical success factors for the profession, and our personal commitments to improve ourselves in our field.
- The diverse settings within which spiritual care is being or needs to be provided, and steps we need to take to improve in those areas.
- Issues and opportunities for collaboration among our professional associations.
- What we personally do to improve ourselves as spiritual care ministers.
This event will be valuable for:
- Members of NACC, APC, ACPE, NAJC, and any other professional chaplaincy group
- Students in CPE Programs or graduate ministry programs considering chaplaincy
- Women and men currently serving in some pastoral care capacity who would like to learn more about the chaplaincy ministry
Program of Events:
12:30 – 1:00 p.m.: Lunch and registration
1:00 – 2:15 p.m.: Session 1
2:15 – 2:30 p.m.: Break
2:30 – 4:00 p.m.: Session 2
4:00 p.m.: Wrap-up
The participant fee is $15 for NACC members or $20 for non-members, which includes lunch and the program. 2.75 CEH’s are offered.
Please complete the form located here and send it, along with your check made out to NACC to: National Association of Catholic Chaplains, 4915 S. Howell Avenue, Suite 501, Milwaukee, WI 53207. Alternatively, you may register and pay by credit card online: REGISTER.
If you have any questions please contact Andris Kursietis at the national office: 414-483-4898 or Akursietis@nacc.org.