- This event has passed.
NACC Members Only Virtual Event: Just(-ice) Listening: a Pathway toward Healing
March 13, 2021 @ 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
Saturday, March 13, 2021
Pacific: 9:00 am -12:00 pm
Mountain: 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
Central: 11:00 am – 2:00 pm
Eastern: 12:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Virtual Event will be held utilizing ZOOM.
Overview and Objectives
As part of NACC’s on-going strategy towards racial justice, we offer this three-hour continuing education virtual event free of charge to NACC members. The virtual event was planned and will be facilitated entirely by NACC members.
The virtual event will feature a panel conversation with NACC members who identify from various racial backgrounds, asking them their personal experiences in their ministries, their communities, the Catholic Church, and the NACC.
The virtual event will be recorded and posted on the NACC website for members unable to attend the live presentation.
As a result of the virtual event, participants will be able to:
- Articulate an understanding of white privilege and how they indirectly benefit from it, or how it limits their full flourishing. (ITP5, PPS3, PIC2)
- Identify examples of microaggression experienced by racial minorities in order to enhance collegial relationships and provide ethnic-appropriate spiritual care (PIC2, PPS3, OL2, OL4.1)
- Establish practices of listening, bodily self-awareness and shared reflection as pathways to justice (PIC1, PIC2, OL2.1)
- Welcome, Introductions, Opening Prayer
- Session One: “What is White Privilege?”
- Session Two: Panel of NACC Members Share their Personal Experiences relative to Race
- Session Three: “Embodiment and Processing: Reflecting on What We’ve Heard”
This virtual event is offered at no cost to NACC Members. Even though the virtual event is ‘free’ we still require you to register and let us know if you will participate ‘live’ or access the ‘recording.’
Continuing Education Hours
Participants qualify for 3.0 CEHs total for the Virtual event. A Continuing Education Hour (CEH) certificate will be provided for download by participants.