The David Lichter CPE Scholarship Fund was created in 2022 by the NACC Board of Directors to honor the legacy of past Executive Director, David A. Lichter for his 14+years of service to the NACC and to the greater community of spiritual care. The Fund’s purpose is to provide tuition assistance to Catholic Students pursuing Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) Units as they continue the healing ministry of Jesus in the name of the Church.
Before applying for a CPE Scholarship, please review the below information.
- The recipient must be Catholic and a Student member in good standing with the National Association of Catholic Chaplains.
- The recipient must be registered in a CPE Unit from an accredited CPE program that meets the requirements of NACC’s initial certification process.
- A scholarship will be awarded for CPE Unit tuition only (scholarships not available to those who are in a paid CPE residency).
- A scholarship will be awarded if the student successfully completes the CPE Unit.
- Application for scholarships must be received prior to completion of the CPE Unit.
- Preference for the award of scholarships will be given to those who have not received a scholarship from NACC previously.
The scholarship will be awarded directly to the recipient upon receipt of the following:
- Proof of tuition payment for CPE Unit (receipt).
- Proof of successful completion of CPE Unit.
Applications for scholarships are considered three times per year:
- February 1 deadline with decision communicated by March 31
- June 1 deadline with decision communicated by July 31
- October 1 deadline with decision communicated by November 30
Interested students should apply utilizing the application form.
Questions, please contact the NACC National Office.