Reality of Hispanics/Latinos in the US and their Pastoral Care Needs
Saturday, June 1, 2019
Workshop Level: Beginner
NACC Certification Competencies: ITP1, OL4, OL4.1, OL5, PPS7
Elisabeth Román, MA
President, National Catholic Council for Hispanic Ministry
Sr. Dominga Zapata, MPA, SH
Society of Helpers
Out of the reality, presented participants will have the opportunity to mirror the presentation into their own realities; strengthen goals and prepare plans of action.
As a result of this workshop, participants will:
- Situate the pastoral care reality of Hispanics/Latinos in USA.
- Learn about priorities: family, young adults, and migrants; the V Encuentro and the Bishops’ 2018 Synod on young people, faith, and vocational discernment.
- Gain ideas about the focus of pastoral care today; where should we put our efforts; future and present generations; process of the Encuentros have led us to Pastoral de Conjunto.
Educational Materials (recommended books, articles, or websites for participants to review prior to the workshop)
– None recommended by the workshop presenter(s)
Presentation Materials (items to be brought to the workshop and/or presentation materials)
– None provided by the workshop presenter(s)
The NACC categorizes workshops on three levels: Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced. The definitions of each level are provided below.
Beginner: Basic information on the topic for those with little background in the area.
Intermediate: Basic plus additional information on the topic for those with some background in the area.
Advanced: Specialized information on the topic for those with extensive experience and/or knowledge in the area.
Click here to go back to the main Workshop materials/handouts page