Healing, Health, and Wholeness – Easy Steps for Best Practice Spiritual Caregiving
Friday, May 31, 2019
Workshop Level: All levels*
NACC Certification Competencies: ITP1, PIC3, PIC3.3
Dr. Mary Teresa O’Neill BCC-E
Spiritual caregivers know the importance of self-care in their lives dedicated to healing others. They also recognize the struggle to take good care of themselves as they try to deliver to others. The intensity, the stress, and the work itself often finds us lost in comfort foods, inadequate exercise, seasonal stressors, and too many nights with not enough sleep. The result is less than optimum functioning. This workshop will explore alternative behaviors in 12 easy-to-manage, doable steps and some rationale about why each of them is important. Time will allow for discussion and Q&A.
As a result of this workshop, participants will:
- Have a raised awareness of the importance of self-care.
- Learn cutting edge information on a healthy diet and lifestyle.
- Set reasonable goals for themselves in terms of work/lifestyle balance.
Educational Materials (recommended books, articles, or websites for participants to review prior to the workshop)
– None recommended by the workshop presenter(s)
Presentation Materials (items to be brought to the workshop and/or presentation materials)
– None provided by the workshop presenter(s)