Conference 75-Minute Workshop SA7
Saturday, April 29, 2017 – 8:30 a.m. – 9:45 a.m.
Workshop Level: Beginner
Anne Borik, DO
Internal Medicine Physician
Sign Chi Do encourages participants to focus on a word or prayer while expressing it in sign gesture using your entire body. This first step begins the integration of that word into your being for transformation. The next step is to connect the movement to your breath while hearing the word being sung. This method of moving prayer allows us to be more present to our living God; while improving memory, balance and overall well-being.
As a result of this workshop, participants will:
- Define the purpose of Sign Chi Do.
- Compare and contrast Sign Chi Do to other forms of meditative movements.
- Participate in examples of moving prayer patterns.
- Identify application of the ABCs of Sign Chi Do in daily life for self-care and in the care of others.
Educational Materials (recommended books, articles, or websites for participants to review prior to the workshop)
– None required by the workshop presenter
Presentation Materials (items to be brought to the workshop and/or presentation materials)
– None provided by the workshop presenter
Click here to go back to the list of all workshops
The NACC categorizes workshops on three levels: Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced. The definitions of each level are provided below.
Beginner: Basic information on the topic for those with little background in the area.
Intermediate: Basic plus additional information on the topic for those with some background in the area.
Advanced: Specialized information on the topic for those with extensive experience and/or knowledge in the area.