Conference 75-Minute Workshop SU3
Sunday, April 30, 2017 – 10:45 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Workshop Level: Intermediate
Andrea Zbiegien, SFCC, DMin
St. Vincent Medical Center
We are called to “set hearts on fire” as we chaplains encounter medical professionals. Because chaplains are pros at empowering others to draw from their inner resources, participation of chaplains in Faith Community Nurse formation is a wonderful way of fostering collaboration of care for their faith communities. This workshop will engage participants so they will feel comfortable assisting their area Faith Community Nurses with “Theology of Spiritual Care” and “functioning within their faith community leadership team.”
As a result of this workshop, participants will:
- Participate in an interactive presentation recognizing their role in participation with nurse educators.
- Integrate “Spirituality” activities and practices for Faith Community Nurse formation.
- Be engaged in activities for collaboration of Parish Nurses “Functioning on a Ministerial Team.”
Educational Materials (recommended books, articles, or websites for participants to review prior to the workshop)
– None required by the workshop presenter
Presentation Materials (items to be brought to the workshop and/or presentation materials)
– None provided by the workshop presenter
Click here to go back to the list of all workshops
The NACC categorizes workshops on three levels: Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced. The definitions of each level are provided below.
Beginner: Basic information on the topic for those with little background in the area.
Intermediate: Basic plus additional information on the topic for those with some background in the area.
Advanced: Specialized information on the topic for those with extensive experience and/or knowledge in the area.