Reflecting God’s Merciful Love in Our Personal and Professional Lives
Conference 75-Minute Workshop SA15
Saturday, April 29, 2017 – 2:00 p.m. – 3:15 p.m.
Workshop Level: All levels
Charles W. Sidoti, BA, BCC
Coordinator, Spiritual Care
South Pointe Hospital, Cleveland Clinic
Pope Francis proclaimed 2016 an “Extraordinary Jubilee Year of Mercy” for good reason. There is nothing more important in our relationship with God than God’s mercy. The Jubilee Year had at its center the mercy of God our Father. This presentation explores Church teaching, Sacred Scripture, the lives of the Saints, the work of Catholic writers such as Fr. Donald P. Gray (Jesus: The way to Freedom), and Karl Rahner (Encounters with Silence), and personal experience, to help us continually grow in the awareness of God’s merciful love in our own life, and how this awareness tremendously impacts our personal relationships and our delivery of spiritual care.
As a result of this workshop, participants will:
- Explain the primacy of “mercy” in the way in which God looks upon and relates to us.
- Describe the importance of examining our personal understanding (our image) of God in regard to our own spiritual growth.
- Articulate how our personal understanding of God impacts the way in which we relate to others, especially in our delivery of spiritual care.
Educational Materials (recommended books, articles, or websites for participants to review prior to the workshop)
– Sidoti, C. W. Living at God’s Speed, Healing in God’s Time. Twenty-Third Publications
– Sidoti, C. W. Simple Contemplative Spirituality. Amor Deus Publishing
– Charles W. Sidoti Blog – Finding God in Daily Life. https://sidoticharles.wordpress.com/
Presentation Materials (items to be brought to the workshop and/or presentation materials)