Demonstrate an understanding of
The Ethical and Religious Directives
for Catholic Health Care Services.
To meet the requirements of NACC Competency ITP4.1, the NACC certification Applicant will complete an eLearning module followed by an eight (8) question Post-Test. The Applicant is required to score 86 percent or better to pass the test. The Applicant may re-take the test to achieve the required score.
This ethics education resource provides important information about the meaning and application of the Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services (ERDs) for the Catholic health ministry. The interactive resource features instructor Ron Hamel, Ph.D., Catholic Health Association senior ethicist, along with Church leaders, physicians and ministry leaders in a multipart format that addresses the General Introduction and each of the six parts of the ERDs. Components include case studies and response keys, facilitator guide, glossary of ERD terms, selected readings and media, evaluation and acknowledgments.
Accessing the eLearning Module
- Click on the following link which will direct you to the CHA website: web.nacc.org/external/wcpages/wcwebcontent/webcontentpage.aspx?contentid=3516
- Do not share this link or your NACC Login credentials with anyone! This is for the exclusive use of NACC members applying for certification.
- Enter your NACC username and password and click Login.
- Click the link on the Access page for the required course.
- Each section of the module has an introductory prayer, a video, and case studies to review. Intentional study of the video material, reading the case studies and discerning the application questions which follow each case study will enhance Applicants’ successful completion of the required NACC post-test.
Accessing the Post-Test
- Upon completion of the module, click this link to take the Post-Test.
- The Applicant is encouraged to use the Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Service given to them upon initial NACC membership or available at http://www.usccb.org/issues-and-action/human-life-and-dignity/health-care/upload/Ethical-Religious-Directives-Catholic-Health-Care-Services-fifth-edition-2009.pdf.
- With successful completion of the module and Post-Test, a certificate will be issued for inclusion in the Applicant’s certification binder, signifying that the Applicant has met NACC Competency ITP4.1.