ITP 4.1 Demonstrate an understanding of The Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services.
To meet the requirements of NACC Competency ITP4.1, the NACC certification Applicant will complete an eLearning module, read the Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services, and take a ten (10) question Post-Test. The Applicant is required to score 80 percent or better to pass the test.
1. Complete the eLearning Module
This ethics education resource provides important information about the meaning and application of the Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services (ERDs) for the Catholic health ministry. The interactive resource features instructor Ron Hamel, Ph.D., Catholic Health Association senior ethicist, along with Church leaders, physicians and ministry leaders in a multipart format that addresses the General Introduction and each of the six parts of the ERDs. Components include case studies and response keys, facilitator guide, glossary of ERD terms, selected readings and media, evaluation and acknowledgments.
- The content of this eLearning module is copyrighted by the Catholic Health Association, and is being shared for the exclusive use of the NACC. The contents may not be manipulated or changed in any way. NACC members may not share the link.
- Each section of the module has an introductory prayer, a video, and case studies to review. Intentional study of the video material, reading the case studies, and discerning the application questions which follow each case study will enhance Applicants’ successful completion of the required NACC post-test.
- Click HERE to access the eLearning Module on the CHA website.
2. Read the Ethical and Religious Directives for Health Care Services
Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services published by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops.
3. Take the Post-Test
- Click HERE to access the ERD Post-Test. (You will need your NACC Member ID to take the test.)
- You must pass the test with a minimum score of 8/10 points in order to apply for certification. Once you complete this test, the NACC will automatically receive your test score. If you received 7 or fewer points on your test, please take the test again after you re-read the ERDs. If you received 8 or more points, you have passed, and need to do nothing else.