Action/Reflection Application Components
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the Action/Reflection Workshop has been canceled for 2021.
- Progression Essay–1-2 pages
- Tell us about your professional setting: A description of the palliative care or hospice program in which you work, including the programs’ disciplines, organizational structure, number of palliative care or hospice consults per month and your role in the palliative care or hospice program.
- Elaborate on your pursuit of palliative care and hospice certification.
- Case Study Summary: 2-3 pages: This is not a verbatim, but demonstrates competency at an advanced level. Must include the demonstration of Competencies 3, 6, 9, 11 and 12 and is annotated where it is demonstrated.
- Quality Improvement: One written paragraph about a quality improvement project that Applicant has participated in. Details and data must be brought to the workshop.
- Letters of Reference
Three (3) current letters of recommendation in total. One (1) from the Applicant’s palliative care and/or hospice supervisor. And, two (2) from palliative care and/or hospice interdisciplinary care team members (limited to one (1) chaplain colleague who served with the Applicant). The letters must include the quality of the Applicant’s interaction with patients, families and team members as well as the Applicant’s team collaboration, leadership and educational contributions within a hospice and palliative care team. Each letter is to be submitted directly to the NACC National Office by the person making the recommendation. Each letter is to be signed on the original letterhead. Current is defined as within one (1) year of application for certification.
- Participation in 2-day Action/Reflection Workshop: All competencies will be demonstrated for obtaining certification.
Dates for Action/Reflection Canceled for 2021
- Application deadline of
- A Virtual Action/Reflection Workshop – Participants MUST have access to a desktop computer, a laptop or a tablet with camera. This is an interactive workshop and participants must be both seen and heard by other participants of the workshop and instructors.
- For more information, please contact Lisa Sarenac at [email protected].
EXAMPLE Agenda for the Advanced Certification Action-Reflection Workshop (click to download)