- Provides certification Applicants with the best possible opportunity to demonstrate their readiness for certification.
- Interacts with other members of the certification interview team, as well as the Interview Team Educator and the NACC Administrative Specialist/Certification.
- Fulfills role as Presenter, Chair and/or Reader in the certification interview process.
- Assures quality of the certification process as defined in alignment with the NACC certification Competencies and Procedures.
The Lead ITE, the ITEs, and the certification interviewers’ function under the authority and are accountable to the NACC Certification Commission.
Key relationships with members of the certification interview team, as well as the Interview Team Educator and the NACC Administrative Specialist/Certification are characterized as one of partnership and collaboration with shared commitment to assuring the quality of the certification interview process.
Role-specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Agrees and commits to serve on assigned teams throughout the year.
- Participates each interview round in a certification interview training conducted by an Interview Team Educator.
- Commits the time necessary to evaluate materials in light of Competencies.
- Fulfills role as Presenter, Chair and/or Reader in the certification interview process as designated in the NACC Competencies and Procedures.
- Meets with certification interview team by phone, email and/or in person to prepare for the interview.
- Signs and returns the Volunteer Access and Confidentiality Agreement and maintains confidentiality of proceedings.
- Prepares and signs Presenter’s Reports Parts I and II including appropriate references to NACC Competencies throughout, appropriate recommendations that facilitate the Applicant’s ongoing growth, and consistency with dynamics of the interview.
- Complies with time-sensitive schedules for all processes.
- Participates in Peer Review process with regard to role as an interviewer and completes certification interview team self-evaluation, peer review, and debriefing toward the continuous quality improvement of the interview process.
- Completes and returns all relevant reports and evaluations from the certification interview process to the NACC Administrative Specialist/Certification.
- Consults with the ITE, NACC Administrative Specialist/Certification, peer certification interviewers, and site coordinator as needed with quality assurance as the focus.
- Maintains NACC certification status.
- Demonstrates proficiency with all current NACC Competencies and Procedures for certification and other relevant materials.
- Abides by the NACC Code of Ethics.