NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF CATHOLIC CHAPLAINS INTERVIEW TEAM EDUCATOR COVENANT, ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Interview Team Educators (ITEs) serve within the scope of the NACC Certification Commission which has a primary role in the overall mission of the National Association of Catholic Chaplains (NACC) to serve as advocates for the profession of spiritual care, particularly in certifying and supporting chaplains, clinical pastoral educators, and all members who continue the healing ministry of Jesus Christ in the name of the Church.
Your volunteer service to the NACC as an Interview Team Educator is a graced ministry; you form, support, and guide the interviewers to ensure the integrity and future of professional chaplaincy. Your clarity, balance of calm and timeliness, and ability to assist in crafting well written reports from their interview encounters is a key component of the certification process. We are grateful that you have answered this call and look forward to supporting you in your role.
Your role is informed by the Code of Ethics for Spiritual Care Professionals. This Code notes that Spiritual Care Professionals affirm the dignity and value of each individual and honor all persons as being created in the image and likeness of God. Spiritual Care Professionals also respect diversity in culture, age, ethnicity, gender, race, sexual orientation, national origin, physical disability, and faith traditions of other professionals and those served, and strive to eliminate discrimination. In relationship with colleagues, Spiritual Care Professionals respect each other and support the integrity and well-being of their colleagues, honoring all consultations with the highest professional regard and confidentiality.
By volunteering your service to the NACC in service as an ITE, you are agreeing to serve in the following ways:
- I agree to undertake the necessary training and ongoing updating for the scope of my role as an ITE, completing the required training within specified timeframes.
- I agree to attend annual 2-3-day meetings for ITEs, part of which is a joint meeting with the members of the NACC Certification Commission. *
- I agree to serve as an ITE for a minimum of one session of certification interviews each year, along with the required preparation and communication with interview teams before, during, and after the certification interview session. *
- I agree to be aware and monitor any favoritism and discrimination and declare any conflict of interest on my part that may inhibit an optimal experience for any Applicants, interview team members, or certification support persons, and respectfully withdraw from serving at that certification site, as needed.
- During certification interview sessions, I agree to focus solely on my role as educator and facilitator of the work of the interview teams on behalf of the certification Applicant.
- I agree to practice intentional and effective stewardship in travel and related expenses for my volunteer service within my ITE role for the NACC, meeting specified timeframes for submission of expenses.
- I agree to collaborate with interviewers and members of the Certification Commission in my role as an Interview Team Educator.
- I am aware that my attendance at the annual ITE meetings and related educational experiences can be counted as learning for continuing education hours toward my renewal of certification up to 20 hours annually.
*Unless excused for personal/family illnesses, crises, or deaths, or unforeseen natural disasters
Your service as an Interview Team Educator is for an initial term of three years, providing you are able to successfully meet the service requirements, noted above. A first term may be renewable for a second three-year term at the invitation of the NACC Certification Commission.
Covenant Form for Interview Team Educators
When you have completed the form above, you will be automatically redirected to the Certification Interviewers’ Materials Page. If you are not redirected, click here to return to the page.