- Provides oversight, consultation, facilitation, and education to the certification process.
- Interacts regularly with Lead ITE, NACC Administrative Specialist/Certification, certification interviewers, and site coordinators.
- Assures quality of the certification process as defined as alignment with the NACC certification Competencies and Procedures.
The Lead ITE, the ITEs, and the certification interviewers function under the authority and are accountable to the NACC Certification Commission.
Key relationships with the Lead ITE, NACC Administrative Specialist/Certification, certification interviewers, site coordinators, the Certification Commission Liaison, and the Certification Commissioner on-call, are characterized as one of partnership and collaboration with shared commitment to assuring the quality of the certification interview process.
Role-specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees certification process to assure alignment with NACC Standards and Procedures.
- Assures that Presenter’s Reports Parts I and II are professionally prepared and include appropriate references to NACC Standards throughout, appropriate recommendations that facilitate the Applicant’s ongoing growth, and consistency with dynamics of the interview.
- Assures that the Presenter’s Report Part I is given to the Applicant at least one hour prior to the interview.
- Consults with the Lead ITE, NACC Administrative Specialist/Certification, certification interviewers, site coordinators, the Certification Commission Liaison, and the Certification Commissioner on-call as needed with quality assurance as the focus.
- Surfaces and forwards names of potential interview team members to the NACC Administrative Specialist/Certification to be given to the NACC Certification Commission.
- Responds to the questions of certification interview team members.
- Communicates with and responds to the NACC Administrative Specialist/Certification for updates and consultation.
- Communicates with and responds to the Lead ITE for updates and consultation.
- Communicates with and responds to the Site Coordinator prior to the certification interviews.
- Assists the certification interview team self-evaluation, peer review, debriefing, and ongoing individual feedback toward the continuous quality improvement of the interview process.
- Provides individual feedback to certification interviewers.
- Assures that the interview process respects time frames (50 minutes per Applicant).
- Resolves issues relating to interview process Standards onsite, if possible, utilizing the on-call Certification Commissioner as needed.
- Completes and returns all relevant reports and evaluations from the certification interview process to the NACC Administrative Specialist/Certification.
- Educates certification interviewers, through both new interviewer orientations as well as refresher training for experienced interviewers (primarily through conferences calls).
- Assures the quality of educational offerings that address the experience and concerns of interview team members.
- Assists the NACC Administrative Specialist/Certification in the composition of certification interview teams.
- Agrees to serve a three-year term.
- Actively participates in the annual ITE meeting in Milwaukee, Wisconsin in July.
- Maintains NACC certification status.
- Demonstrates proficiency with all current NACC Standards and Procedures for certification and other relevant materials.
- Abides by the NACC Code of Ethics.
- Brings experience as a certification interviewer.
ITE Role and Responsibilities Statement
Interview Team Educator (ITE) Role and Responsibilities Statement
When you have completed the form above, you will be automatically redirected to the Certification Interviewers’ Materials Page. If you are not redirected, click here to return to the page.