Technical requirements for a virtual interview using Zoom
If you are planning on requesting a virtual interview following your material submissions, be sure to review the instructions on these pages:
Zoom System Requirements for PC, Mac, and Linux
Testing Computer or Device Audio for use with Zoom
How to use this form
1. Please refer to the Checklist for Supportive Materials Required for a Certification Interview or the Checklist for Supportive Materials Required for a VA Certification Interview and the list of Initial Certification Materials before using this form.
You will be uploading or entering the following documents and information:
- Name and email
- NACC member number
- Application for Initial Certification
- Spiritual Care Encounter Cover Sheet
- Applicant’s CPE evaluations
- Certified Educator’s CPE evaluations
- Narrative Statement I
- Narrative Statement II
- Narrative Statement III (VA Certification ONLY)
- Integrative Theological Essay
- If applicable, letter from the Certification Commission granting equivalency for one (1) unit of CPE.
- If applicable, Presenter’s Report Part I (PRPI) from previous interview
- If applicable, Presenter’s Report Part II (PRPII) from previous interview
- Certificate of completion of e-learning module and post-test on NACC-Specific Competency ITP4.1
- Acknowledgement of NACC Ethics Accountability Statement
- Your (electronic) signature
2. Before using this form you must review the following document: Profession Guidelines For Conducting Virtual Interviews – this document provides tips and instructions for your Virtual Interview and includes a link to Zoom video tutorials.
3. FAQ – Please review the list of Frequently Asked Questions about this process, below:
Windows or Mac computer running any modern version of either OS
Internet connection (public wi-fi or hot spot not recommended)
All materials converted to digital format (Acceptable file formats: PDF, doc, docx, jpg, jpeg, png, tiff) 1
No special software needed except a PDF printer (such as Bullzip or PDF24 PDF Creator. Note that Microsoft Word also includes a print to PDF option)
How do I prepare for the submission process?
Refer to Checklist for Supportive Materials Required for a Certification Interview and the list of Initial Certification Materials before beginning the process.
Also be sure to read Professional Guidelines for Conducting Virtual Interviews at https://www.nacc.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Profession-guidelines-for-Conducting-Virtual-Interviews.pdf
You should also be sure you’ve read all the instructions on the Certification Materials Submission Form page before beginning to use the form.
How long will the process take?
If you are prepared, the submission process should only take 30 minutes at the most. Be sure you have all of your documents completed and ready to be uploaded before you begin.
Is the form secure? Are my materials safe? Will they be stored securely?
Yes, all data sent using the NACC website or uploaded to the website is protected by Transport Layer Security (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transport_Layer_Security). Your data is secure from theft or hacking. In addition, as with actual paper submissions, docs that must be retained by the National Office are stored securely and all others are destroyed after processing.
How secure is Zoom during the interview itself?
Zoom uses state of the art security (see support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362063-Security-White-Paper).
What could go wrong? If something does, what should I do?
The process will probably go very smoothly, but of course things can go wrong: loss of internet connection, a power outage, or other emergency may prevent your completing the interview. If this happens, do not despair! Contact the NACC Certification Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-483-4898. Note that technical problems with an interview may not be used as grounds for appeal. Instead the applicant will be asked to work with the NACC office to resolve the issue, re-establish connection, and/or reschedule the interview.
Be sure you have all of your documents completed and ready to be uploaded before you begin.
1 If you are using Pages on a Mac, using the built-in PDF converter may result in files that will not upload correctly here. If you encounter this problem, use a third-party PDF printer or contact the NACC office for assistance.
PLEASE NOTE that if you do NOT see a message that reads “SUCCESS!” after submitting the form (see below), your submission is incomplete and has not been submitted yet. Scroll through the page to find which areas are marked as errors, fix each one, then click Submit again.
Click here to continue to the Certification Submission Form.