About Saint Joseph’s College of Maine
Saint Joseph’s College is a Roman Catholic liberal arts college for men and women of all faiths and ages. The 474-acre campus, on the shore of Sebago Lake in Standish, Maine, is in view of Mount Washington and the Presidential Range of the White Mountains.
Saint Joseph’s was founded by the Portland Regional Community of the Sisters of Mercy of the Americas in 1912 and chartered by the Maine Legislature in 1915. Today, it is Maine’s only Catholic college. Saint Joseph’s College provides certificates as well as undergraduate and advanced degrees for working adults through fully accredited 100% online learning programs that operate in collaboration with the College’s Sebago Lake campus. Saint Joseph’s College is determined to meet the ministerial calls of the Church and to be of meaningful service to a world in need.
Rooted in and professing fidelity to the teachings of Jesus Christ and the doctrines and heritage of the Roman Catholic Church, Saint Joseph’s College, sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy, is a liberal arts college that nurtures intellectual, spiritual, and social growth in students of all ages and all faiths within a value-centered environment.
In fulfillment of this mission, Saint Joseph’s College will:
- foster a strong academic community dedicated to the pursuit of truth through serious study, integration of knowledge, and an ongoing dialogue between faith and reason
- encourage all students to explore widely the arts and sciences while they also prepare to live ethical and meaningful lives
- provide a strong foundation for graduate study, professional service, and career advancement
- offer as an extension of its Mission to multiple areas of the world, both degree and non-degree programs through distance education
- enhance students’ awareness of human dignity and the meaning of life
- advocate for justice and peace in recognition of each person’s responsibility for the welfare of both humankind and the environment
Catholic Theology Programs*
- Master of Arts in Theology
- Master of Arts in Sacred Theology
- Master of Arts in Advanced Diaconal Studies
- Master of Divinity
To inquire further or begin the process of applying to Saint Joseph’s College of Maine’s online programs, please contact our Online Admissions team via phone at 1-800-752-4723 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also schedule a personal callback from an admissions counselor on a day and time that works for you via calendly.com/sjconline
Saint Joseph’s College
278 Whites Bridge Road
Standish, ME 04084
Steven Bridge, Program Director and Chair of Theology