NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF CATHOLIC CHAPLAINS
CERTIFICATION INTERVIEW TEAM MEMBER COVENANT,
ROLE, AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Certification Interview Team members serve within the scope of the NACC Certification Commission which has a primary role in the overall mission of the National Association of Catholic Chaplains (NACC) to serve as advocates for the profession of spiritual care, particularly in certifying and supporting chaplains, clinical pastoral educators, and all members who continue the healing ministry of Jesus Christ in the name of the Church.
Your role is informed by the Code of Ethics for Spiritual Care Professionals. This Code notes that Spiritual Care Professionals affirm the dignity and value of each individual and honor all persons as being created in the image and likeness of God. Spiritual Care Professionals also respect diversity in culture, age, ethnicity, gender, race, sexual orientation, national origin, physical disability, and faith traditions of other professionals and those served, and strive to eliminate discrimination. In relationship with colleagues, Spiritual Care Professionals respect each other and support the integrity and well being of their colleagues, honoring all consultations with the highest professional regard and confidentiality.
By volunteering your service to the NACC in service as a Certification Interview Team member, you are agreeing to serve in the following ways:
- I agree to undertake the mandatory per session and/or annual training (review of materials, completion of tests, participation in training calls, etc.) and ongoing updating (keeping current with NACC Competencies, Certification Procedures Manual, and Code of Ethics) for the scope of my role as an Interviewer, completing the required training within specified timeframes.
- I agree to serve as an Interviewer, assume the different roles on the certification interview teams, and work collaboratively with the ITE for a minimum of one session of certification interviews each year, along with the required preparation, timely submission, and timely communication (through email, mail, and/or telephone/Skype) with interview teams before, during, and after the certification session.*
- I agree to treat Applicant materials with openness and confidentiality, to assess materials in alignment with NACC Competencies and Procedures, and to offer the same measure of respect and competent assessment with the Applicant in the personal interview time frame.
- I agree be aware of and monitor any discrimination and declare any conflict of interest on my part that may inhibit an optimal experience for the Applicant or my interview team members, and respectfully withdraw from serving on that team, as needed. I understand that my decision to thoughtfully withdraw from a role that may not serve my own or the best interests of the Applicant or another member of the team will be honored and respected.
- During certification interview sessions, I agree to focus solely on my role as an Interviewer on behalf of the certification Applicant, striving to work with interview team members in a collegial and respectful manner.
- I agree to practice intentional and effective stewardship in travel and related expenses for my volunteer service within my interviewer role for the NACC, meeting specified timeframes for submission of expenses.
- I am aware that educational experiences related to my role as a certification interviewer can be counted as learning for continuing education hours toward my renewal of certification up to 20 hours annually for years in which I serve on the minimum of one session of certification interviews.
*Unless excused for personal/family illnesses, crises, or deaths, or unforeseen natural disasters
Your service as a Certification Interview Team Member will continue, providing you are able to successfully meet the service requirements noted above, under the oversight of the NACC Certification Commission.
Certification Interviewer's Covenant
This form must be completed online (or printed, completed, and mailed to the NACC National Office) by all Certification Interviewers.
When you have completed the form above, you will be automatically redirected to the Certification Interviewers’ Materials Page. If you are not redirected, click here to return to the page.