Criteria, Process, and Nominating Form
The National Association of Catholic Chaplains Outstanding Colleague Award recognizes outstanding dedication and service of a professional colleague in a field other than professional chaplaincy. The award will be presented to an individual or to a group whose work has proven complementary to, supportive of, or otherwise has contributed to the advancement of the profession of chaplaincy in a significant and lasting way.
- Nominee will not be a member of the NACC.
- Nominee will be an individual or a group employed in a profession associated with or in some manner complementary to the work of professional chaplaincy.
- Nominee will have demonstrated outstanding leadership in her/his/their professional field, supporting or making a significant contribution to furthering the mission of NACC or the field of chaplaincy in ways that can be documented as part of the nominating materials.
- Nomination may be made by any NACC member in good standing.
- Nominations are made to the National Office of the NACC in the following manner:
- Completion of the Outstanding Colleague Award nomination form.
- A 300-word statement from the nominating NACC member describing the nominee’s outstanding contribution to the advancement of the profession of chaplaincy.
- Nominating member may include up to three additional letters of support from other NACC members familiar with the nominee’s record of contribution, as well as a letter from another non-chaplain professional whose work and presence in the same professional arena will provide information or insight supporting the nomination.
- Individuals or groups who have been nominated but did not receive the award may be nominated again in the future.
- Nominations will be received at the National Office of the NACC, and will be forwarded to the NACC Annual Awards Task Force. The Annual Awards Task Force will review all nominations, and will forward their recommendations along with all nomination materials for the current year to the NACC Board of Directors Chair for review and final approval.
- The NACC Board Chair will notify the NACC Awards Task Force Chair and the NACC Executive Director of the Board’s final decision. The Task Force Chair will inform the chosen recipient.
- All individual NACC members who provided nominations will be informed of the outcome of the process after the recipient has been selected and notified by the Annual Awards Task Force Chair.
The Outstanding Colleague Award may be presented annually at the NACC Annual Conference. Award recipient must be present at the conference to receive the award. In the event of a group being selected as the recipient the organization will be asked to designate one (1) representative to receive the award at the Annual Conference. Associated cost reimbursement will be made for this designated representative. The recipient organization is free to send additional representatives at its own expense.
Nominations for 2023 are closed. Thank you for your interest! We'll reopen this form at the end of the year to accept nominations for 2024. Questions - firstname.lastname@example.org