Criteria, Process, and Nominating Form
The National Association of Catholic Chaplains Emergent Leader Award recognizes outstanding dedication and service to the National Association of Catholic Chaplains or to the profession of chaplaincy/supervision by a member of the NACC. The award will be presented to an individual who is a NACC Certified member and of the age of 50 years old or younger and is advancing the mission of NACC or the ministry of chaplaincy/supervision in a significant and lasting way.
- Nominee must be a NACC Certified member and of the age of 50 years old or younger.
- Nominee must be a member in good standing for at least two years.
- Nominee must have demonstrated leadership through participation in local and/or national activities, committees, task forces that further the goals and mission of the NACC or the ministry of chaplaincy.
- Nominee must have served 10 years or less, who has offered leadership or service to the NACC community or the profession of chaplaincy through their initiative, innovation, or leadership at the local, regional or national level.
- Nominations for the Emergent Leader Award may be made by any NACC member in good standing.
- Nominations are made to the National Office of the NACC in the following manner:
- Completion of the Emergent Leader Award nomination form.
- A 300-word statement from the nominating NACC member describing the nominee’s activities in support of NACC’s mission or the ministry of chaplaincy.
- Nominating member may include three additional letters of support from other NACC members familiar with the nominee’s participation in NACC activities.
- Members previously nominated who did not receive the award may be re-nominated in the future.
- Nominations will be received at the National Office of the NACC and will be forwarded to the NACC Annual Awards Advisory Panel. The Annual Awards Advisory Panel will review all nominations and will forward their recommendations along with all nomination materials for the current year to the NACC Board of Directors Chair for review and final approval.
- The NACC Board Chair will notify the NACC Annual Awards Advisory Panel Chair and the NACC Executive Director of the Board’s final decision. The Annual Awards Advisory Panel Chair will inform the winner.
- All individual NACC members who provided nominations will be informed of the outcome of the process after the winner has been selected and notified by the Annual Awards Advisory Panel Chair.
The Emergent Leader award may be presented annually during the NACC Annual Conference. Award recipient must be present at the conference to receive the award. The employer of the recipient will be notified.
Nominations for 2023 are closed. Thank you for your interest! We'll reopen this form at the end of the year to accept nominations for 2024. Questions - firstname.lastname@example.org