Criteria, Process, and Nominating Form
The National Association of Catholic Chaplains Distinguished Service Award recognizes outstanding dedication and service to the National Association of Catholic Chaplains or to the field of chaplaincy by a member of the NACC. The award will be presented to an individual who has advanced the mission of NACC or the ministry of chaplaincy in a significant and lasting way.
- Nominee must be an NACC Certified, Retired Certified or Emeritus member.
- Nominee must be a member in good standing for at least two years.
- Nominee must have demonstrated leadership through participation in local and/or national activities, committees, task forces that further the goals and mission of the NACC or the ministry of chaplaincy.
- Nominations for the Distinguished Service Award may be made by any NACC member in good standing.
- Nominations are made to the National Office of the NACC in the following manner:
- Completion of the Distinguished Service Award nomination form.
- A 300-word statement from the nominating NACC member describing the nominee’s activities in support of NACC’s mission or the ministry of chaplaincy.
- Nominating member may include three additional letters of support from other NACC members familiar with the nominee’s participation in NACC activities.
- Nominations will be received at the National Office of the NACC, and will be forwarded to the NACC Annual Awards Task Force. The Annual Awards Task Force will review all nominations, and will forward their recommendations along with all nomination materials for the current year to the NACC Board of Directors Chair for review and final approval.
- The NACC Board Chair will notify the NACC Annual Awards Task Force Chair and the NACC Executive Director of the Board’s final decision. The Annual Awards Task Force Chair will inform the chosen recipient.
- All individual NACC members who provided nominations will be informed of the outcome of the process after the chosen recipient has been selected and notified by the Annual Awards Task Force Chair.
The Distinguished Service award may be presented annually during the NACC Annual Conference. Award recipient must be present at the conference to receive the award. The employer of the recipient will be notified.