Disaster Spiritual Care (DSC) is now an official internal Activity and Function of the American Red Cross. This resource like Disaster Mental Health and Health Services is activated for local and national disasters including; mass casualty, natural disasters, aviation, transportation, and other requests. This is one of two official courses required to begin as a Red Cross DSC Service Associate. It will enable chaplains to address the Spiritual Care needs of Red Cross clients, staff, and responders in the context of Red Cross disaster relief operations.
Partnering with national humanitarian organizations and cognate partners, our trained network of support is expanding to include a broad network of diverse faith leaders and we deeply value the expertise and experience of Associate and Board Certified Chaplains to support our integrated and collaborative work
If you are interested in supporting the needs of those impacted by disaster and mass casualties, register for this intensive four-hour training. Please note that this is a specialized position and other courses/training will be required for full participation with the American Red Cross.
Date: Monday, May 11, 2020
Time: 12:30 pm to 4:30 pm
Huntington Convention Center
300 Lakeside Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44113
Fee: This session is offered at no cost to participants
Prerequisites: This workshop is open to chaplains with Board certification and Associate certification or eligible, as well as CPE residents, with ACPE, APC, CASC/ACSS, CPSP, ICPC, NACC, NAJC or NAVAC.
All participants by the time of the training session must:
- Become a Red Cross basic volunteer by registering online at redcross.org.
- Complete the application and background check.
- Contact your local Red Cross chapter to complete a Disaster Spiritual Care screening (by phone or in person) by a Red Cross Disaster Spiritual Care regional leader.
- Complete the one-hour online Introduction to Disaster Spiritual Care pre-recorded course.
- Register for this course (using the REGISTER NOW link below) and register in the Red Cross Edge Learning system.
Registration: Pre-registration for this training course is required. REGISTER NOW!
Registration closes Monday, April 6, 2020.