Current job opportunities for chaplains, priests, CPE residents, supervisors, directors of pastoral care, managers, mission directors, and more
Submit a position – Click here to post an employment ad
Ad rates and instructions – Click here to get more info including advertising rates
Hire an NACC member! Click here to see the Position Wanted ads
Scroll down for more ads!
CHAPLAIN – Part-Time, Days
Hinsdale, IL and Chicago, IL
Careers that make a
With locations in Hinsdale and Chicago, RML Specialty Hospital specializes in ventilator weaning, wound management and medically complex patient programs that lead the way in respiratory research, advanced treatment and technology. We’re currently seeking:
Chaplain – Part-Time, Days
Chaplains are responsible for providing age and developmentally appropriate spiritual care to hospital patients. Regardless of personal religious affiliation, the chaplain provides a non-denominational approach in assessing and providing patient and family spiritual needs. The Chaplain conducts informal and formal spiritual services to provide support to patients, families and staff in response to identified needs or internal or external events.
Chaplains are part of the Patient/Family Relations Department and work collaboratively with the Patient Ambassador and the Psychologists to mitigate patient and family anxiety related to their illness or progression to the next level of care.
- Four years Clinical Pastoral care experience in hospital setting.
- Experience of counseling patients and family in palliative care, end of life issues and medical ethics.
- Bachelor of Divinity degree
- Certification by a National Pastoral Care Association (NACC/APC.)
There are many reasons why working with RML Specialty Hospital is a great choice for your
- Masters in Pastoral Counseling or related field from an accredited institution
career. Visit our website to find details on all available opportunities and apply online for
EOE– Posted June 22, 2017
PASTORAL CARE ASSOCIATE
Orange, California – Regina Residence, the retirement home for the Sisters of St. Joseph of Orange (Orange, Ca.) is looking to hire a Pastoral Care Associate to serve our residents. The ideal candidate will have experience in spiritual direction with elder adults, possess a strong work-ethic, flexibility with time/has the ability to be on-call after hours, and be able to adapt to the varying needs (spiritual, emotional, physical, mental) of the population we care for. In addition, the ideal candidate will provide spiritual and emotional support to the employees and serve as a member of the Administrative Team. A strong knowledge of the aging process, dementia, person-centered care philosophy, and experience within a long-term care setting is desirable.
Position Qualifications also include:
- Minimum Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in Spirituality, Theology, or similar degree; Preferred Education Requirements: Master’s Degree in Spirituality.
- Minimum of 1 year experience; Possesses a working knowledge and understanding about Women Religious; Spiritual Direction Training; Roman Catholic in good standing.
Qualified applicants may send their CV and resume to Leondra Banuelos, Regina Residence Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.– Posted June 12, 2017
DIRECTOR of SPIRITUAL CARE
Matulaitis Rehabilitation and Skilled Care, Putnam CT
Responsibilities: Plan, organize and coordinate all activities related to meeting the spiritual and pastoral needs of our residents, their families and staff. Works collaboratively with administration, clergy and team members to establish an effective spiritual program. Applies the principles and traditions of the Catholic Health Ministry along with Matulaitis Mission in everyday life. Visits residents to assess their spiritual needs; provides support during crisis and difficult times. Participates in religious services. This is a 30 hour benefited position.
Qualifications: Master’s Degree in Theology or Pastoral Counseling, NACC or APC Board Certification. Two Clinical Pastoral Education units (4 preferred). Commitment to the mission of Catholic health care, social and ethical teachings.
Qualified candidates may apply in person or email resume to: email@example.com– Posted June 8, 2017
ROMAN CATHOLIC PRIEST – CHAPLAIN
Albany and Clifton Park, NY
Schedule: Full Time Days
Location: St. Peter’s Hospital and Schuyler Ridge Nursing Home.
St. Peter’s Health Partners (SPHP) is seeking a qualified professional Priest – Chaplain to join our Department of Spiritual Care and Mission Services. The individual in this position will be rotating between 2 sites; St. Peter’s Hospital in Albany and Schuyler Ridge Nursing Home in Clifton Park.
The Chaplain will provide spiritual and emotional healing ministry through compassionate, healing words and action, as well as supportive healing presence to all entrusted to our services.
As an essential member of a fully integrated and interdisciplinary healthcare team, the Chaplain is knowledgeable and skilled in shared-responsibility with colleagues in the holistic care of those entrusted to the healthcare team.
All SPHP’s Chaplains must be disposed, freely, and willingly to use the Core Values of this organization as handy guiding tools for compliance with the overarching mission and ministry of SPHP.
– Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college, seminary, or university with at least 2 units of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) is required.
– Master’s degree in theology, philosophy, counseling, psychology, pastoral care, spirituality, or their equivalencies from an accredited academic institution is preferred.
– Minimum of 2 years of chaplaincy ministry experience in acute healthcare setting; knowledge of Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Healthcare Services.
– Ability to perform or carry out Sacraments of the Roman Catholic Church.
– Required to maintain behavior in the community consistent with high moral character.
– Excellent oral and written communication skills.
– Good interpersonal skills showing a high degree of confidentiality, sensitivity, and discretion.
– Active and in good standing with Catholic Church and the local ordinary.– Posted May 25, 2017
CHAPLAIN PRIEST – Full Time
Elk Grove Village, IL – AMITA Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare system serving Suburban Chicago, seeks a Catholic Priest to provide pastoral care to patients, families and staff: Pastoral visitation, celebrate Mass, administer Sacraments, respond to spiritual and emotional needs, including crisis intervention and bereavement with interdisciplinary approach
Affiliation with certifying national body that maintains professional standards, or certification through APC, CASC, NACC, or NAJC within two years of hire.
Bachelor’s in Theology or Religious Studies required
Two plus years of experience in Pastoral Care in health care.
Please apply on line: https://amita.ttcportals.com/jobs/6805709-chaplain-priest-alexian– Posted May 25, 2017
CHAPLAIN – CHI MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
Chattanooga, TN – The Chaplain ministers to the spiritual, psychological and emotional needs of patients, their families and staff. As members of the care team they participate in the healing process of the whole person
- Master’s Degree in theology, divinity, pastoral ministry or spirituality or the equivalent from an accredited college or university.
- At least four units of Clinical Pastoral Education.
- NACC/APC certification or certification eligible.
- Catholic Chaplain preferred.
- One year experience preferred in Chaplaincy in a health care setting.
- Basic competency on computers to be able to retrieve necessary patient information and communicate by e-mail.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times.
- Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
Reverence: Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
Integrity: Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
Compassion: Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
Excellence: Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
- Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times.
- Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines.
- Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members.
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community.
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers
Apply online at Memorial.org. to requisition # 2017-R0105225– Posted May 25, 2017
CHAPLAIN – PALLIATIVE CARE
Duluth, MN – The chaplain for Palliative Care is responsible for providing emotional and spiritual support to patients and families with serious or life threatening illness. The chaplain will support those in both inpatient and outpatient healthcare settings. The chaplain will be an integral member of the interdisciplinary team and will collaborate daily with fellowship trained physicians, certified palliative care nurse practitioner and certified palliative care social worker. This position is the first of its kind in our health system; therefore, there will be opportunity to help develop the program along with the current medical director and other members of the team.
QUALIFICATIONS (minimum requirements)
- Master of Divinity or Th.M with at least 3 years’ experience in healthcare setting. Will consider Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with significant experience in hospice or palliative care.
- Experience in hospice, palliative care, oncology, or hospital setting preferred.
- Completion of 4 units of Clinical Pastoral Education
- Faith group endorsement or confirmation of good standing in sponsoring group.
- Board Certified Chaplain-Hospice/Palliative Care Certified (BCC-HPCC) applicants or those with Advance Certification of Hospice Palliative Chaplaincy (ACHPC) are especially encouraged to apply.
- Board Certification by one of the following: APC, NACC, ACPE, or AAPC
- Must provide 2 letters of recommendation.
Essentia Health offers competitive salary and benefits.Apply online at www.EssentiaHealth.org/FindAJob
EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled– Posted May 25, 2017
DIRECTOR OF PASTORAL CARE
Rockville Centre, New York – Explore a career with Mercy Medical Center, a 375-bed not-for-profit hospital and member of the Catholic Health Services of Long Island that has been serving the healthcare needs for the residents of Nassau County and its surrounding areas since 1913. Ranked among the top hospitals in New York State, Mercy offers a NYS designated Stroke Center, Breast Imaging Center of Excellence, Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, and has received Pathway to Excellence designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center – the only hospital in the region and one of only two in NY State to receive this prestigious award.
In this leadership role within our Pastoral Care Department, you will oversee the daily operations, along with the provision and maintenance of pastoral care to patients, their families, physicians and hospital staff. Key to this position will be collaborating with system and facility leadership to ensure the principles and traditions of the Catholic health ministry, along with the mission and core values of Mercy Medical Center, are integrated into the organization’s operations, structures, objectives and practices.
Responsibilities will include:
- Directing the pastoral care function, including preparing budgets
- Advising patients and staff on all matters of religious law
- Participating in educational seminars/programs to benefit the community
- Developing programs to meet religious and cultural needs of the population
- Organizing and conducting all religious services and observances within the hospital
- Acting as a liaison between patient, family and hospital staff during periods of crisis
- Assisting administration in the development of policies/procedures related to religious observances
- Arranging suitable chaplaincy coverage for other faiths
- Providing venue and pastoral staff as mentors for students to train as chaplains
- Participating in general hospital orientation of new staff members
- Serving as a point of contact for regulatory agencies regarding the Charitable Medical Care Law
The successful candidate will be a committed and active Catholic in good standing, have a Master’s Degree in Theology, Spirituality or Pastoral Counseling, preferably with a working knowledge of operations, government affairs, healthcare trends and finances. At least 3 years of progressively responsible leadership experience will be expected, as will the ability to work effectively within the organizational structures of the Roman Catholic Church, and knowledge of Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Services. Excellent decision-making, oral/written communication and interpersonal skills a must.
We offer a competitive salary, dynamic work atmosphere, and a generous benefits package. For immediate consideration, please apply online at:https://jobs.chsli.org/job/rockville-centre/director-pastoral-care/247/3051976
MERCY MEDICAL CENTER
A Member of the Catholic Health Services of Long Island
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V– Posted May 18, 2017
CHAPLAIN – PASTORAL CARE – Full-Time (Days)
Mercy Medical Center, Des Moines, Iowa
The Chaplain is an individual trained in spiritual direction and psychosocial issues pertaining to illness and hospitalization. The chaplain provides spiritual and emotional care for patients, staff and families. The Chaplain reports to the director of Pastoral Care.
- Delivers spiritual care and assessment appropriate to emergency and/or life-threatening situations, the critically ill or dying patient’s spirituality, culture, religious preference and health status; provides spiritual support to grieving families; attends to spiritual and emotional needs of specific patient and family populations as assigned.
- Works closely and effectively with care managers, interdisciplinary care teams, social workers, nursing and medical staff to provide excellence in patient care.
- Utilizes spiritual care guidelines where developed for family and staff education; documents and maintains records of spiritual care; responds to referrals regarding specialized needs of patients, families, and staff.
- Provides spiritual, educational, and ethical consultation for patients, families, staff and volunteers; contributes to ethical consultation and family conferences appropriately and when needed.
- Participates in service-line activities according to established policy and procedures.
- Makes sacraments available according to established policy and procedure.
- Provides education or offers of assistance in regard to Advance Directives and serves as advocate for honoring a patient’s Advance Directive.
- Investigates, identifies and implements strategies to more effectively use available resources to meet client needs.
- Facilitates prayer as appropriate to area of service.
- Participates in crisis intervention on traumas, Level One heart incidences, codes, and deaths, with debriefing as necessary.
- Initiates all ethics consults for the Ethics Committee.
- Documents and maintains records of pastoral activity.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Attends departmental and hospital meetings as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Theology, Divinity, Pastoral Ministry or Spirituality or the equivalent from an accredited college, university, or recognized deaconate formation program, required. Master’s preferred.
- At least two (2) units Clinical Pastoral Education
- Ecclesiastical endorsement from Bishop of the diocese or religious superiors
- Meets the education requirements of the National Accreditation of Catholic Chaplains (NACC), Association of Professional Chaplains (APC), Association of Clinical Pastoral Education (ACPE), or National Association of Jewish Chaplains (NAJC) certification preferred; eligibility for, or in active process of, certification considered
- One year experience in hospital ministry or other experience in a clinical setting that would demonstrate the ability to perform the work of the position.
- Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter Abuse training specific to population served within three (3) months of hire.
How to apply: www.mercydesmoines.org/careers
Requisition number: 2017-R0108278– Posted May 3, 2017
Baltimore, Maryland“IN THE CARE OF THE SICK, GREAT TENDERNESS ABOVE ALL THINGS”
-Catherine McAuley, Sisters of Mercy
Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore seeks a full-time professional chaplain who will support the mission of the institution by providing high quality spiritual care to patients, families, and staff.
– Posted April 21, 2017
- Master’s degree in theology, divinity, religious studies, pastoral ministry, or spirituality from an accredited college/university/theological school required
- Certification by NACC, APC, CAPPE/ACPEP or NAJC required (or attainable within 1 year)
- Four units of Clinical Pastoral Education are required
- One (1) year healthcare ministry experience required
- Availability for periodic on-call coverage, including, weekends and evenings as required
DIRECTOR of PASTORAL CARE
Fraser, Michigan – Fraser Villa a skilled nursing and rehabilitation community in Fraser, Michigan is seeking a Director of Pastoral Care. Our 176 bed community offers assisted living, licensed skilled post-acute nursing and rehabilitation, long-term care, memory care in a holistic environment.
The person in this position is responsible for the day-to-day leadership and oversight of the Pastoral Care Department. The Director develops and manages services designed to meet the religious and/or spiritual needs of residents and their families as well as facility team members. The Director of Pastoral Care and Mission serves as a member of the management team and as an internal consultant to the ethics committee. This position supports the mission and core values of Fraser Villa by serving as an ambassador and collaborates with the senior leadership team in determining priorities for spiritual grounding and Catholic healthcare ethics.
The Director plans and leads various religious services, events, studies and observances within the Fraser Villa community on a regular basis. Ability to function within a faith based organization and ensure the spiritual needs of all residents are actively cared for and fostered.
For immediate consideration please apply on line at www.trinity-health.org– Posted April 21, 2017
CHAPLAIN I – PRIEST
Evanston, IL – Presence Health is the largest Catholic health system based in Illinois. We seek a Chaplain I – Priest, to provide effective spiritual care to patients/residents and families, assessing spiritual/religious needs and resources and assuring that sacramental and ritual needs are met; initiates contact with local clergy as needed; actively collaborates with the interdisciplinary care team; provides spiritual care to staff and contributes to the spiritual well-being of the local ministry; provides timely and effective care to patients/residents approaching the end of life; assumes responsibility for on-going professional development; and adheres to ethical standards set forth by the chaplaincy profession and the Catholic Church. Must have a bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred in theology or religious studies. At least two units of accredited Clinical Pastoral Education required. Under certain circumstances, the requirement for a Catholic Priest candidate may be adjusted to ensure sacramental coverage. We offer the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of patients through high-quality, holistic care delivered within an environment that is guided by a strong sense of purpose.
Learn more and apply now at jobs.presencehealth.org, Req. 31416. Equal Opportunity Employer– Posted April 13, 2017
The NACC does not offer job placement services.
Please contact employers directly—do not send resumes to the NACC