Roles, Responsibilities & Criteria
Policy Number 11-13
Revision Date: July 2015
To review appeals of the Ethics Commission decisions in accordance with NACC Standards and Procedures.
- Reviews the decision for any procedural error.
- Prepares a written summary of the findings for the Board of Directors.
- Recommends a resolution of the appeals to the Board of Directors.
Membership Criteria for Certification Appeals Panel
- NACC membership
- Active as a Board Certified Chaplain or CPE Supervisor
- Or Retired-Certified with continuation of certification renewal process
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the NACC Code of Ethics and Procedures for processing ethical complaints.
- Understands and articulates the distinction in the roles of the Ethics Commission and the Ethics Appeals Panel.
- Experience in processing complaints of an ethical nature preferred.
- Three to five years’ experience with ethics committees within places of employment or elsewhere.
- Preferably, although not an absolute requirement, has been a prior member on NACC Ethics Commission and is aware of ongoing ethical issues.
Roster of members
Mr. D.W. Donovan
Fr. James Radde, S.J.
Rev. Mr. T. Patrick Bradley