Roles, Responsibilities, and Criteria
Policy Number 11-7
Revision Date: July 2015
To review appeals of certification decisions in accordance with NACC Standards and Procedures.
- Conducts the certification appeals process as outlined in the NACC Standards and Procedures with an impartial review of all the documentation in a negative certification decision.
- Provides an annual report to the NACC Certification Commission and Board of Directors outlining the number of appeals and corresponding number of decisions upheld or reversed.
- Communicates to the NACC Certification Commission the nature of certification appeals to assist the commissioners in focusing on areas of improvement for the ongoing training of interviewers.
Membership Criteria for Certification Appeals Panel
- NACC membership
- Four years active Certified CPE Supervisor or Certified Chaplain.
Or Retired-Certified with continuation of certification renewal process
- Three years service as Certification Commissioner or ITE
- Demonstrated knowledge of and thorough understanding of the NACC Standards and Certification Appeals Process.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and abilities.
- Experience in processing complaints of a certification nature preferred.
For an application to the Certification Appeals Panel, click here.
Roster of Panel members
Dr. Michele Sakurai – Chair
Joseph G. Bozzelli, D.Min.
Rev. Augustin Orosa
Mr. James E. Willsey
Ramona Zeb — Staff Liaison